As the winter months are rapidly approaching, you want to be sure your furnace is in perfect condition. The last thing you need is for your furnace to stop working on one of the coldest days of the year. If you haven’t scheduled a furnace maintenance appointment in a while, now is a good time to get it done. If you’ve noticed any of the following signs, there’s a good chance your furnace needs to be repaired before the winter arrives:
- Unusual noises – A little noise is normal, but if you hear unusual banging or whining sounds coming from your furnace, you could be dealing with a loose belt or a faulty ignition. Your furnace probably needs to be repaired.
- High energy bills – Utility bills that are higher than normal could mean that your furnace is not working at its peak efficiency. You should get an HVAC professional to inspect your furnace and repair any issues.
- Uncomfortable home – If there are frequent drafts in some rooms in your home, your furnace is probably not working properly. When your furnace no longer heats your entire home, it’s time to look into furnace repairs.
- Condensation – If you see condensation inside the windows in your home, it could be an issue with your furnace. It’s a good idea to have it inspected in case it needs repairs.
- Yellow pilot light – A yellow pilot light is an indicator that your furnace is not working properly, while a blue flame indicates that the balance of gases is ideal. If your pilot light is a color other than blue, your furnace needs repairs.
- Trouble turning on – Your furnace needs to be repaired if you have trouble getting it to turn on and stay on. This could be a number of issues, including faulty wiring or a broken fan motor.
- Poor air quality – If you and your family members are experiencing symptoms of asthma, allergies or having trouble breathing, your furnace could be the cause. A furnace that is not working properly could be releasing dust and mold into the air circulating through the rooms in your home.
If you have noticed any of these warning signs occurring in your Raleigh-Durham home, contact Comfort Services Heating & Cooling. We can get your furnace back in working condition in no time so you can enjoy the winter months in comfort and warmth.
Furnace Repairs in Raleigh-Durham
The condition of your furnace determines the overall comfort of your home. You want to enjoy the winter months and celebrate the holidays in a warm atmosphere. For furnace repair, replacement and maintenance, contact the HVAC professionals at Comfort Services Heating & Cooling.
Got an emergency that just can’t wait? You don’t have to suffer through the weekend in the cold. Comfort Services Heating & Cooling offers 24-hour emergency service in Durham County, Johnston County, and Wake County. Call today at 919-646-8019 for urgent furnace repairs or contact us online to make a scheduled appointment.