As summer ends and winter approaches, you may be shopping around for a new HVAC contractor. Your heating and cooling systems are likely some of the largest expenses you have—so you want to choose an HVAC company that you can trust to get the job done right. Whether you’re replacing an outdated furnace or looking for an affordable maintenance plan, we can provide you with the information you need so you know what to look for. Keep reading to see our tips!
What to Look for in an HVAC Contractor
The best HVAC contractors in the Raleigh-Durham area typically share the same qualities—they’re trustworthy, reliable, and affordably priced. But how do you know that a company has these traits if you’ve never worked with them before? There are a few things we recommend you look for:
- Experience. An established HVAC company has built trust that backs up the quality of their service, whereas it can be more difficult to tell that a brand new company knows what they’re doing.
- Reviews and referrals. The best HVAC companies will be happy to supply you with referrals and their contact information—because they’ll have plenty of them! They’ll likely also have plenty of positive reviews.
- Technician qualifications. Are their technicians factory-trained and certified? Are they fully trained? The best HVAC contractors will only employ technicians that are fully qualified, drug-tested, and background-checked.
- Emergency service. You need to know you can rely on your HVAC contractor when your heating systems break down on the coldest nights of winter or your air conditioner stops working on the hottest day of summer.
- Products. The quality of the products is just as important as the installation work. Make sure the HVAC company you choose has energy-efficient, high-quality products that will keep your home comfortable and your energy bills down. If you are looking for HVAC repairs or maintenance, you’ll also want to be sure they service the equipment you already have.
- Price. Of course, you’ll need to consider your budget to make the best decision for you and your home. Be wary of any outliers—if a price seems too good to be true, it probably is! If price is a major concern for you, see if the HVAC contractors you’re looking at offer financing options or have coupons.
Need a Reliable HVAC Contractor in Raleigh-Durham? Contact Us!
If you need an HVAC company you can trust in the Raleigh-Durham area, call Comfort Services Heating & Cooling. Your friends and neighbors from Cary to Morrisville to Garner, Wake Forest, and more have come to rely on us for all their heating and cooling needs. Check out our qualifications:
- We are an experienced HVAC company providing heating, cooling, and indoor air quality services and solutions to Raleigh-Durham homes since 2004.
- Our technicians are fully certified and trained, and they undergo background checks and routine drug testing so you can feel safe and comfortable having them in your home.
- We install, repair, and service a wide range of systems, including air conditioners, heat pumps, furnaces, and indoor air quality systems—and we service all HVAC brands.
- We offer 24-hour emergency HVAC service and keep our trucks fully stocked to solve most problems on our first visit.
- We provide 5-year warranties on all minor repairs, guaranteeing the quality of our work.
- We are fully licensed and insured and have partnerships with Progress Energy, PSNC Energy, and Rheem.
- We offer a variety of financing programs with approved credit, FREE estimates, and coupons.